August 28, 2018 – Immediate Release
Dear friends of the environment and clean energy programs,
We finally have our day in court! The date for the legal case oral arguments against the state for stealing ratepayers EE and clean energy funds has been confirmed by the judge. It is critical that the judge witness a show of community support for the return of the ratepayers funds to support our statewide clean energy and efficiency plan. Our economy, our environment and our future depend on it.
- WHEN: Thursday, September 13, 2018 (oral arguments court date)
- WHERE: New Haven Superior Court (Courtroom One, 141 Church Street, New Haven)
- TIME: 9:00 A.M.
We are looking for business leaders, environmental leadership, and Community support for this Effort to Repeal the Raid on the Energy Efficiency and Clean Energy Funds. Let’s stop the Raids once and for all!
Our only legal goal is to have the state return the ratepayer funds and use the ratepayer funds for the intended purposes.
- Can you commit to attending in support of ratepayer and EE and clean energy programs?
- Will you stand with us in support of this legal action to protect our clean energy and efficiency plans?
- Can your organizational partners work to encourage community members to come sit in court to support this effort during the oral arguments?
The Time Is Now! Warriors Unite!
Let’s stand together for our sensible energy future and for our future at large.
Learn more at www.efficiencyforall.org
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult.” ~ Seneca
- Jennifer Dionne, EFA Community Relations and Government Affairs, 860-337-2239
- Leticia Colon de Mejias (Plaintiff), 860-580-9076
- July 20 Motion for Summary Judgment
- May 15 Complaint
- Press release on filing of lawsuit
- Summary of case and background
business/article/Briefs-filed-, CT Post in-lawsuit-challenging- legislative-13098634.php
- Briefs filed in lawsuit challenging legislative raid on Connecticut energy efficiency funds, New Haven Register
politics/hc-news-energy-fund-, Hartford Courant sweep-lawsuit-20180723-story. html
com/opinions/connecticut-is-, Washington Post drowning-in-debt-should-its- neighbors-have-to-pay/2018/07/ 23/eff14b6a-83be-11e8-8589- 5bb6b89e3772_story.html?utm_ term=.9b4b795788ab
court-challenge-continues-, WNPR last-minute-efficiency-fund- cuts